Sunday, February 12, 2006

I'm at Peace!!!

Thank you, everyone, for all the comments that you left regarding my previous post.
It certainly lifted up my spirits. This situation has totally consumed my mind over the weekend. One comment that really struck me was the one that Tara left tonight. She encouraged me to read Romans 12, starting with the last verse (v21) then read and
re-read through the chapter. It didn't take but the first verse to touch my heart. It reads:

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Last Wednesday night, I was overcome by my flesh. A million thoughts a minute were
running through my mind. Confusion, hurt, hate, revenge, etc. was what I was feeling.
I would like to share three more verses that dove into my soul. They read:

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. Romans 12: 17-19

Tara also has co-authored a book called Peacemaking Women. It deals with conflict
within yourself and others. I quickly hopped on over to Amazon to check out the reviews.
It has received five stars and is highly recommended. I am definately going to buy
this book.

So in closing, I would like to say that I will be sleeping peacefully tonight!!! YAY!

No comments: