Wednesday, March 01, 2006

13 things about how I met my hubby

1. I started dating my husband in April of 10th grade. I actually new him in junior high, but didn't really 'notice' him until 10th grade.
2. He left San Diego at the end of 10th grade. His dad was in the military and received orders for Millington, TN.
3. We kept in touch when he left. His mom allowed him to call me every weekend and he sent me tons of letters which I still have. When I read them now, they seen kinda corny but back then I thought they were so sweet.
4. He actually kept all my letters too. I can't believe I actually wrote some of that stuff.
5. He hated living in Tennessee with a passion! All his friends he grew up with were here in San Diego and of course me too! :)
6. Toward the end of 11th grade, he surprised me on my birthday(May) and returned to San Diego.
7. He actually came by himself without his parents knowing. In other words, he ran away from home. I know, that was pretty bad. That is a long way to run away from home.
8. He had worked at a gas station while in Tennessee and saved up all his money.
9. He finished his senior year of high school with me. It was a very tough year for him. He was actually homeless. He lived with several friends throughout high school and had no place to actually call his home.
10. My parents hated that I was dating him. They thought he was a very bad influence on me, which was partially true. Some of my friends thought that I could do better too.
11. But I was young and in love.
12. After we graduated, he saw that his life was going no where and decided to join the military. At that time, the military was scraping people off the streets. That was the best decsion of his life (next to marrying me :D)
13. I guess this story need to be continued next week.....so stay tuned!!

No comments: