Saturday, March 28, 2009

My kids are funny

From a forum my wife frequents: here's a note she posted today:

"Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2009 3:24 pm Post subject: Poor confused Alexander.

Alexander is definitely a 21st century child. Today at Target, I bought a drying rack for some of my sweaters. The kids were watching me set it up, and Alexander looked all around the bottom of it, and asked, "Where does it plug in?" "It doesn't plug in, honey. The sweaters just lay on it and get dry." He didn't miss a beat. He plopped down on the floor next to it, got comfy, and announced, "I'm going to watch how it gets hot." So I had to explain. "It doesn't get hot. It doesn't plug in. It just sits there with with sweaters on it, and they get dry." He eyeballed it for a minute, gave me this dubious "If you say so, lady." look, and wandered away, totally bored with the whole thing."

No comments: